Welcome to the World of Golf
011 545 8600
Our Golfing Theme Park:
The World of Golf was designed to give golf enthusiasts a place to practice every shot imaginable in a fun and friendly environment. There are no queues, no hassles and no hidden costs. Remember, that because we charge a daily rate, guests are more than welcome to continue hitting balls, even after the event is finished. Our corporate rate is R86.84 excluding VAT (R95.00 including VAT), and it entitles you to the following:
World of Chipping:
Practice your chipping off mats, grass, semi-rough, thick rough, rye grass, or fairway surfaces. Spend enough time here, and you’ll soon be turning three shots into two!
PlayMoreGolf SA World of Putting:
Sharpen this vital aspect of the game in a lush garden environment. Three putting greens are each manicured to run at different speeds (fast, medium, and slow), while the fourth is designed to enhance your sense of distance and touch.
The Pro Shop World of Bunkers:
Learn how to get out of trouble first time, every time from a variety of surfaces and situations – It’s all there!
World of Pitching:
This area provides an ideal environment to perfect your pitching technique. Target bunkers are strategically placed at different lengths ranging from 35 – 90 meters.
The World of Finesse:
Designed for more experienced golfers: this area allows you to sharpen every aspect of your short game, in a flowing golf course environment.
Strategically placed greens, surrounded by bunkers and water, will help to refine your long game, in the most realistic setting possible. There is no limit to the time or amount of balls allowed – guests are free to practice as long as they wish in an environment that stimulates learning and improvement.
PlaymoregolfSA Wedge and Putt:
Sharpen your short game on a fun filled 9-hole course, ideal for corporate and social events. The PlaymoregolfSA Vodacom Wedge and Putt will ensure that you are challenged with a variety of pitching, chipping, bunker, and putting shots. The longest hole is about 65m, so you will only need pitching, sand, or lob wedge and a putter. Scorecards, pencils, and pitchforks are supplied at no extra cost.
The Gary Player Golf Experience, is staffed by 20 full time accredited professionals. In order to ensure that your guests/clients reap the benefits of an “outing” at the World of Golf, why not schedule a clinic for your benefit. We tailor packages to suit your every need. For more information, contact Danny Baleson on (011) 545-8645.
Whether you’ve worked up an appetite, or you’re just looking to build up some energy
Restaurant provides an ideal setting to enjoy a variety of meals in beautiful surroundings. Alternatively, you can catch up on the latest sporting events while enjoying a meal or refreshing drink, in the comfort of our lounge. If you are holding a corporate function, we suggest looking at our set menus ranging from finger snacks to three-course meals. Also, please note that there is a 10 % service charge for all corporate functions.
1. All golf balls are supplied at no additional cost.
2. Clubs can be hired and are also free of charge.
3. Remember that the World of Golf is a bag-free zone, however metal club racks will be available should you need to use them.
4. We do have showering facilities, but it is necessary to bring your own towel.
5. It is suggested that you leave all valuables, such as handbags, cell phones, etc in the car. Alternatively you can make use of our locker facilities. Please bring your own locks.
6. For catering purposes it is requested that final numbers to be confirmed five days in advance.
7. All members and guests are requested to wear soft spike golf shoes or flat-soled shoes.
8. Our facility closes at 21h00 in summer, and at 20h00 in winter.
9. Please advise if you need directions.
10. Please note that functions are to be paid for before, or on the day of your event.